...there is a univeral language between women when they craft and come
together in this passion. It unites women in a place that takes them from the
woes of everyday life and provides fortitude and strength to each other through
unspoken word - it is as if each stitch taken together strengthens our bound and
friendship. Please join me on the journey and let us inspire each other........

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm still here.......:)

I know it has been a long while since my last post and that was totally unintentional. Life just gets in the way doesn't it? Well finally I have dragged myself to the end of the term and to a therapeutic term break. It has been really tough going for the last half of this term. A small list of some of my accomplishments are: marking a gynormous mountain of student work, writing exams, marking exams, writing 4 report comment data banks, writing 150 student reports (obsessed and possessed over 3 weeks of my time), planning a new semester of work (or beginning), meetings, and all the time still teaching. Aaaah, I feel sooo tired thinking of all this again. There were times I didn't think I would make it and I shared a few tears with the closest person.

In the middle of this all I am not sure how I achieved anything on a personal level but there was some things weezled away on. Here is to share the happier part of my life! :)

My apologies for the unedited photos but I figure better to get them up than not at all :)

First of all I got another four farmers wife blocks done......

 

 

Then there is block 3 and 4 of Country Blooms.....



That makes four altogether now :). I love how they are looking and coming together, don't you?



Working on number 5 currently!

I finished the last mystery designer xmas block of the month from the fat quarter shop. Be watching for the next episode on this quilt! Lol. Sorry it is side-on.


I started the 2011 block of the month from the fat quarter shop. Have I told you just how generous they are with their fabric allowance and the instructions are very easy to read and follow. I just love them. I have a half tub full of left over fabric from the christmas one so at some stage i will make matching cusions for me and for gifts.

The 2011 block of the month is a theme of flowers and uses the beautiful strawberry fields fabric by fig leaves/moda. It is very sweet. The photo is not the best unfortunately - probably taken at night. This one was whipped up in under an hour and whilst I was home sick mind you! I have had a lot of time home sick - four bouts over six weeks so I had to put some of it to good use.


Well now that I am on holidays I have started a "sewing-thon" to make up for lost time. I hope to achieve lots although its turning out to be busy socially too so we will see. Life is about flexibility right?

Luv Bonnie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment