...there is a univeral language between women when they craft and come
together in this passion. It unites women in a place that takes them from the
woes of everyday life and provides fortitude and strength to each other through
unspoken word - it is as if each stitch taken together strengthens our bound and
friendship. Please join me on the journey and let us inspire each other........

Monday, April 25, 2011

The generousity of fellow crafters!

I am always blown away by the generousity of others who also share the love of craft, despite any religious backgrounds, cultures or other differences. Craft seems to bring people together regardless of anything else. When you stitch together, how many times have you seen or even experienced the generousity of another crafter when something has been left behind, or you don't quite have the right color of cardstock or fabric, or you have forgotten a technique, or can't work our a pattern. I have to say that in general, 'crafters' are self-less.

During the last 12 months I have joined the cyber world, particularly by observing people's talents on their blogs, gaining inspiration and started to share my own accomplishments on my own blog in the hope that others will be inspired. Again, I have been conscious of how generous 'crafters' have been with a lot of give aways and incentive prizes to motivate our level of achievements.

Today I find I am the recipient of one of these generous giveaways. Cheryl from Willowberry blog contacted me this morning to ask me for my mailing address so that she could send me this wonderful pattern. It is so sweet and when I saw it a little while ago, decided it definitely had to be on my to-do list.

Baby tweet17

and there is more.....

Baby tweet04

Check out Cheryl's blog here - http://willowberrydesigns.typepad.com/willowberry_designs/2011/04/baby-tweet.html. She does some beautiful work :)

I am off, beaming of course, to chose the range of fabric I will be making this sweet set from :)

Bye all and happy crafting! Remember to add something to someone else's life today! :)

Bonniexxx

1 comment: