...there is a univeral language between women when they craft and come
together in this passion. It unites women in a place that takes them from the
woes of everyday life and provides fortitude and strength to each other through
unspoken word - it is as if each stitch taken together strengthens our bound and
friendship. Please join me on the journey and let us inspire each other........

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 - What will it hold?

Well none of us can tell what the future will be, but of course, we try to control our destination with something like determination when we make resolutions for our new year, and try to stick to them!!

In Blog land, there has been a lot of talk about choosing a single word for 2011 - a great idea I think as it is certainly easier to stay focused and remind yourself of your mission when you remind yourself of just one word. Of course, this word has an individual meaning for each of us even if it was the same word!


Wordup

I have given my word a lot of thought and produce was probably one of my first picks, but I decided that "ACHIEVE" had a lot more scope in it than produce did.

So for 2011 I want to achieve!! I want to achieve in many, many ways. I want to finish quite a few projects, I want to achieve at work in what looks like it will be a very challenging year for me, I want to achieve in my personal life with my family and friends.

This doesn't mean that I won't set new year's resolutions too but I want to keep these simple this year! Telling myself that I won't buy any new fabric in 2010 really didn't work so I am not going to set something unachievable like that again!! However maybe I should focus on the other side - completing projects, started or not. There is a lot stashed at my house! So when I figure it out I am going to put a side bar on my blog so that I can record my achievements as I accomplish. Further motivation right?!

2011 Resolutions - "ACHIEVE"
1. To finish a minimum of 10 projects (of any craft - lets not be fussy, hey?).
2.To be more organised.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds good :) Looking forward to seeing all that you ACHIEVE!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally 'achieveable' aim! Good thinking!!
    Thank you for your bid too :)

    ReplyDelete