...there is a univeral language between women when they craft and come
together in this passion. It unites women in a place that takes them from the
woes of everyday life and provides fortitude and strength to each other through
unspoken word - it is as if each stitch taken together strengthens our bound and
friendship. Please join me on the journey and let us inspire each other........

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thing I have accomplished :)

Even though I have been absent in blog world I have been making plenty of achievements:) I am very happy with completing this quilt top which I have entitled "Genesis: In the Beginning". The fabric ironically is entitled 'in the beginning' by Jason Yenter and so apt in meaning for the recipient to whom I have made this queen size quilt.



 Quilted and bound.......ready for its recipient :)


I had wanted to make matching pillow cases in the fabric too but did not have enough left so I made a matching neck pillow and square cushion instead for on the bed top, but I forgot to take photos, sorry.

I made two other cushions too prior to the finish of the quilt (different theme) but also forgot to take photos of those too - never mind. They were a European size.

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I had the lovely opportunity to spend a weekend crafting with my 'bestie'. I managed to sew a massive 88 blocks that weekend all with the same theme of fabric! 24 of the blocks were for this cute little quilt number which I think was called 'off the rails', a lovely pdf pattern I brought recently. This will be a gift quilt.



It is not a great photo of the whole quilt top I am afraid - it is lovely and bright and 'girly'! I had enough fabric left to make a quilt from half square triangles. I didn't get the time to put the blocks together that weekend so brought it to the next monthly ARCH 'n craft group meeting and asked for opinions! Well we played and played with soooo many possibilities of how it could be placed together. Being clever girls, they managed to make the arrangement below where you can hopefully recognise a star in the middle surrounded by squares on point echoing out to the corners. So the border fabric I had cut for the quilt lays dormant and instead I went home to sew a few more blocks for a square quilt. This picture was on the design wall but has since been sewn into a quilt top and today I basted it ready for machine quilting these holidays :) (fingers crossed). Also for a gift.


I have been getting very motivated of late to make cards again, although at this point, only Christmas cards. I haven't made any for two years. Thanks to my friend and local stampin' up demonstrator, Kerri Hunter, I have made 20 cards of the beautiful designs below. Each month I show up to Kerri's where she has prepared a set of 10 cards, all ready for me to stamp and assemble, whilst we chat and drink coffee. Sounds relaxing doesn't it? Well it is and I have just loved it! Can't wait to the next one she has planned :)








The photos don't do the 'real' colors justice at all so you will just have to use your imagination as to how gorgeous they really are. Well that is all for now, off to put some binding on a quilt so that I can show you that one too :)

Luv Bonnie xxx

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear your voice in blog land again. You have been working hard! Love what you have done, as always you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete